Who we are
Our website address is https://insurancereviews.co.
Information We Collect
We may collect information directly from you when you use our Services — for example, when you register to become a member, when you request to prequalify for a third-party credit card or loan product, when you request your TransUnion credit report and/or score, when you link your third-party financial accounts, when you transfer money, or when you fill out calculators, forms or other fields on our Site. In such cases, we may ask you to provide us with one or more of the following pieces of information:
- Email address.
- Mailing address.
- Phone number.
- Date of birth.
- Social Security number.
- Your registration information, such as a username and password.
- Your third-party financial account information, such as an ID and password.
- Your financial information, such as investments, income, expenses, investible assets, investing risk tolerance or other similar types of information.
- Information about your job or business.
- Age, gender, or other similar demographic information when such information is relevant to a particular financial product or service you have requested (for example, when requesting auto insurance rates or using retirement planning calculators).
- When you communicate with us, either by email, phone, or other means of communication, we may also collect the content of these communications, including but not limited to recordings of phone calls where permitted by law.
Please note: We do not store your third-party financial account ID or passwords. Instead, we securely pass this information to our third-party partners when you request Services that require us to confirm your identity, when you request to prequalify for their products, and/or to provide you with access to your financial information on our Site.
Information automatically collected
When you visit the Site, use the Services, or open an email from InsuranceReviews, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including without limitation:
- IP address or other device address or ID.
- Web browser and/or device type.
- Geolocation data, including if you use the Site on a mobile device.
- Hardware and software settings and configurations.
- Web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site.
- Pages you view on the Site.
- Your actions on the Site, including the electronic path you take to our Site, through our Site and when exiting our Site, as well as your usage and activity on our Site, such as the links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
California Privacy Rights